Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Homemade Tanning Coffee Body Scrub/ Mask

    A friend of mine posted one of her favorite homemade body scrub/ mask recipes on facebook a few weeks ago and I told her I would try it and then blog it.  I did try it.  Now, I'm blogging it!  I was very excited about this recipe because its very simple and easy to use.  Its a little messy but well worth it.  I found this scrub/ mask to have a staining effect.  I came out with like a tan effect after use.  Now I have problem skin so I have some warnings for any one who has similar skin problems as I do. 
    My first problem is that my skin is pretty pale but with reddish undertones.  My results on my face were more extreme than I wanted and it seemed to really bring out the red in my skin tone.  So my recommendation here is if you have a skin tone or type that you think might not work well with this scrub/ mask you can just skip your face area.  Another solution could be to only use it as a scrub and just not leave it on as a mask for a the two minutes. 
    My second problem is that I have plaque psoriasis so my problem areas of this skin problem I spend a lot of time fighting redness in these areas.  Of course in these areas of my skins problem zones did amplify the red as well.  Once again, You could only use this as a scrub to exfoliate and then clean off these type problem skin zones or avoid them all together.  I know with any tanning effect item or tanning beds or spray tanning you have to be careful with these problem areas, knees, elbows, face, bottoms of your feet and heels.  So ladies we all know the drill and if you did not you do now. 

Homemade Coffee Body Scrub/ Mask
1.  2 or 3 tablespoons coffee.  You can use any coffee but my friend loves Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee.
2.  2 or 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or Coa Coa Butter Oil.

     Mix these together just until it is evenly mixed together.  You will definitely want to use this in a tub or shower because it is messy and it will get every wear.  Just massage over skin.  Avoid problem areas like face, elbows, knees, or heals.  Or go ahead and scrub for exfoliating effect.  Use a moist wash rag to remove scrub from problem areas.  Wait in shower or tub for 2 minutes.  Rinse in warm water and then in cool water.  That's all.

Source
Charla N. Stephen Winters

1 comment:

  1. Homemade skin care products do have their advantages, such as the variety of choices that you get to experiment with. However, homemade products do not always assure quality. Also, there is no assurance that all the ingredients benefit your skin. Some may even cause complications that can further damage your skin.

    Sierra Whittington

    ReplyDelete