Monday, September 17, 2012

Homemade Dish Soap Liquid and Mulit Surface Spray Cleaner

     Last week I ran out of practically every kitchen cleaning product I had.  I needed dishwasher detergent, liquid dish soap, and multi surface spray cleaner.  Thankfully all I had to do for dishwasher detergent recipe was to refer right here to my own blog.  I made the dishwasher detergent by the recipe I have posted here only this time I added 4-6 drops essential eucalyptus oil.  It was all I had but it worked well and smelled good.

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent w/Eucalyptus Oil

1.  One part (this time I used 1/2 cup) Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
2   One part (1/2 cup again this time)  Borax 20 Mule Team Borax
3.   4-6 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
4.    Store in air tight container.

     I still needed liquid dish soap and multi surface spray.  I had an empty liquid dish soap bottle and an empty spray bottle.  I just rinsed those out and used them to house these next recipes I came up with on the spot.  Need no reference or link for this.  I should look these up on the Internet because I would not be surprised to see them out there some where. 
     I started with my stored homemade Ivory liquid soap.  I had some left from when I made some and blogged about that.  Then I added in some of the dishwasher powder detergent I had just made with the Eucalyptus Oil.  I had a very small amount of bleach that I added.  I filled the bottle the rest of the way up with hot water from the tap to dissolve the powder.  I think the bleach helped to dissolve the powder as well.  I shook very vigorously after putting the top back on very tightly.  Then I tested my new Eucalyptus scented multi surface spray cleaner.  It worked great and smelled great.
    
Homemade Liquid Ivory Soap
1.  One 4 oz bar of any type of soap
2.  One gallon of water

    Grate the bar of soap with a hand grater.  Bring your gallon of water to a boil.  Add in the grated soap.  Boil soap shavings in water until completely dissolved.  Turn off stove eye and remove from heat.  Stir very well and let cool for 15 minutes.  Mix with hand mixer and let stand over night.  Mix with hand mixer again in the morning.

Homemade Liquid Dish Soap
1.  2 Tablespoons prepared homemade liquid (Ivory this time) soap
2.  4 Teaspoons prepared homemade dishwasher detergent powder
3.  1 Tablespoons bleach
4.  Add 14 ounces hot tap water
5.  Store in air tight container (I used old liquid dish soap bottle)
6.  Shake vigorously

     Now for the multi surface cleaner spray.  I really did test this on many different surfaces in my home.  Kitchen counter tops, wooden table tops, metal stove top, even bathrooms and glass.  It took the crayon of the window and mostly off the wall.  It did not get the crayon off of the wall as well as it did the window but it did better than nothing at all.  I am sure you all know the challenges of crayon on surfaces and we all love and depend upon our magic eraser's for that.  I mean if I had never used a magic eraser I would say these were the best results I have gotten as far as getting crayon off the wall. 
      I am sure that so many of us especially living in mobile homes or apartments and even so many houses struggle with pest control and roaches.  We all fight the good fight even if we know we are only keeping things manageable.  I noticed with this spray multi surface cleaner that it seemed to detour the bugs.  I would still see them in the kitchen but when I would come back to clean next time there was less of that annoying bug mess that they leave every where.  To me that by its self was a small victory.  I have already gone through 3 or 4 bottles of that stuff trying to clean every thing in my home with it.  I want my home to stink to those pest. 

Homemade Multi Surface Spray Cleaner
1.  5 Tteaspoon's prepared homemade dishwasher detergent powder with Eucalyptus Oil
2.  1 Tablespoon Bleach
3.  Optional 1 tablespoon prepared homemade liquid dish soap
4.  20 Oounces hot tap water.
5.  Shake very vigorously

No comments:

Post a Comment