Friday, May 4, 2012

Homemade Oatmeal Face Scrub

    I found these websites almost a year ago.  I have psoriasis and sensitive skin and I am allergic to lanolin so it is hard for me to find practically any skin product that does not irritate my skin.  I love using Aveno Oatmeal products but they are so expensive I can't afford to buy them often.  I wanted to find out what I could make at home that would give me the results I wanted with out the price hefty price tag. 
    The first of these is a homemade oatmeal scrub.  This website has several varieties of oatmeal scrub.  I will tell you three of these and then one that I put together that I am happy with the results.  I gathered this information as well as other information about home remedies for my skin problems.  I put all of this information together in one scrub.  To me one of the best things about making any thing at home is how easily you can make it exactly what you need!

Most Basic Oatmeal Scrub

1.  2 tablespoons of oatmeal.  (like from the big tube of oats)
2.  2 tablespoons of water.

    Mix these two ingredients together and use to scrub your face.  You can leave it on for 3 minutes for better results.  Rinse thoroughly with warm water and then slash with cold water.  That's all.  I have learned that you can play with the quantity of oats and water to get the consistency that you like the best.

Oat and Baking Soda Scrub

1.  2 tablespoons Oats.
2.  2 tablespoons Baking Soda
3.  2 tablespoons Water.

    The instructions are the same as above for all Oatmeal Scrub recipes!

Oat and Apple Cyder Vinegar Scrub

1.  2 tablespoons Oats.
2.  2 tablespoons Apple Cyder Vinegar.
3.  2 tablespoons Water.

    Again, instructions are the same as above!

Now for my personal Oat Scrub

1.  2 tablespoons Oats.
2.  2 tablespoons Baking Soda.
3.  2 tablespoons Apple Cyder Vinegar.
4.  2 tablespoons Water.

    Same instructions!

    I like to make any of these wonderful Oatmeal Scrubs to a larger quantity and use them in the shower as a body scrub as well.  I love these scrubs so much I want to use them every day.  The only reason I do not use them every day is simple convenience.  I don't always have time to run to the kitchen and even do this quick easy prep and take it to the shower and scrub down and wait three minutes and rinse with warm and then with cold.  I curse the ease of use of conventional body wash.  (Ha ha)  One thing to remember!  These scrubs are made from food products so you will need to clean your sink or tub or shower area very well when you are done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment