Monday, April 9, 2012

Homemade hair lightening recipe!

    I researched this topic online almost a year ago and now I cant find the exact website that I found this information on.  Apparently there is new information on this topic out there and that is just great!  I am going to start with the recipe that I have personally tried. 

1. 1/4 of a lemon worth of lemon juice.
2. 2 tablespoons of honey.
3. 1/2 cup of your favorite hair conditioner.

    You just mix together these three ingredients and put the mixture on your hair starting at the root and working down to the tips.  Leave on your hair for 4 hours.  You can use a hair cap but a plastic grocery bag will work just secure on your head well. You will need to wash it out with shampoo when you are finished because of the honey and condition after you have washed thoroughly.  This solution does tend to dry your hair slightly. 
    I personally had subtle results at first.  The good news is that any time you use lemon to lighten your hair the result improve every time you go out into the sun.  Because this hair lightener is more gentle than hair bleaching kits you might buy in a store you can do it every couple of weeks to get the results you desire.
    A few things that I found really fun and cool about this recipe is that first of all, when you mix the ingredients together it looks and smells like a regular cream hair dye just with out the strong chemical smell.  Another thing I enjoyed was that it gives your hair a multi tonal color that does not looked dyed just naturally lighter. 

This is the web site that I found that had the closest recipe to this now that I looked for it again. 
http://www.agrlcanmac.com/2009/02/natural-hair-lightener-honey.html

No comments:

Post a Comment